Friday, November 17, 2017

County Health Ratings

I recently had an assignment due for my Topics in Health class where we had to look up our home counties and find their health rankings. It was really interesting to see the different counties in Pennsylvania and how different they are from one another. My hometown is in Allegheny County, and the areas that are getting worse are shocking. For example, adult obesity, sexually transmitted diseases, and childhood poverty are all increasing in Allegheny County, but there are some things that have been improving, such as premature death, alcohol impaired driving deaths, and violent crimes. To find your county health rankings, visit http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/
This is a great website for everyone to use, especially Health and Physical Education teachers! Comment with what your county health ranking is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post-Thanksgiving Naps

So, who likes to take a nice long nap after a great Thanksgiving meal? I know I do! However, sleeping after eating is not good for the diges...